Read Also : Nursing Applications In South Africa 2020
Gem Auxiliary Nursing School
About Gem Auxiliary Nursing School
GEM Health Care Workers Training is an accredited HWSETA (Health and Welfare SETA) nursing institution founded in 2000 by two retired professional nurses. The institute is accredited to offer the following programmes:
- Ancillary Health Care – Full qualification (NQF level 01) : 1 year course
- Skills Programme in Ancillary Health Care – 4 unit standards : 6 month course
- Community Health Work – NQF level 04 : 1 year course
- Various development programmes in previously disadvantaged communities – all South African provinces
GEM Health Care Workers Training – History
Founded by registered retired nurses, GEM Health Care Workers Training was established to empower the youth with knowledge and skills which would allow them opportunities for fulfilling employment opportunities. The institute targets learners who have not made requirements of other tertiary institutions as well as youth facing the prevailing HIV/AIDS pandemic that is common in local communities.
Gem Auxiliary Nursing School Training Course
At GEM Health Care Workers Training we offer affordable education for school leavers, as well as unskilled persons who are interested in the nursing profession.
The year-long accredited Health and Welfare SETA course allows learners access to employment opportunities nationally, as well as internationally.
- Ancillary Health Care – Full Qualification (NQF Level 01)
- Community Health Work – (NQF Level 04)
- Child and Youth Care – Full Qualification (NQF Level 04)
The 6 month-long accredited Health and Welfare SETA (HWSETA) course allows learners to be registered on the HWSETA database. Learners will receive a national certificate on successful completion of the course.
- Home Based Care
- Skills Development Programme – Part Qualification (NQF Level 01)
Frail Care – The course offers the successful learner a national certificate, which will allow the learner employment opportunities in old age homes and private homes.
HIV/AIDS Counselling – The 10-day Health and Welfare SETA (HWSETA) accredited course, allows successful learners the opportunity for employment in private homes, doctors’ rooms and clinics.
Gem Auxiliary Nursing School Practical Facilities
Students are able to gain their practical experience at the following reputable institutions:
- Selby Park Hospital
- Frederick Old Age Home
- Benoni Old Age Home
- Busy Bee (Vaal Sedibeng District)
- Echoes of Love (Sedibeng District)
- Soweto Old Age Home
- Qalakabusha Home Based Care
- Pimville Hospice
- Mofolo Home Based Care
- Bathusheng Home Based Care
- Banakekeleni Hospice
- Ithlokomeleng Old Age Home
At GEM Health Care Workers we believe that nurses are the heart of healthcare. If you are born to care, and interested in a fulfilling career, then become a part of the tradition of caring and contact us to enrol.